26 kms west of Thrissur, Guruvayoor is one of the most sacred and important pilgrim centres of Kerala. Its main attraction is the Sree Krishna Temple. This historic temple is shrouded in mystery. According to belief, the temple is the creation of guru, the preceptor of the good.
Places to Visit
- Mammiyoor Sree Maha Deva Temple – ½ km
- Thiruvenkatachalapathy Temple – 2 km
- Narayangulangara Bhagavathi Temple – 1 km
- Chavakkad Beach – 5 kms.
- Mural Painting School – Walking Distance
- Kalari ( Place where demonstration of Kerala`s Marital art Kalarippayattu is performed ) – 5 km
- Parthasarathy Temple – 1km
- Chowallore – Shiva temple – 5 km
- Chettuva backwater – 7 km
- AnaKotta – 2 km
- Palayoor church – 3 km ( One of the oldest church in india )
- Kodakkallu (Umbrella shaped rocks) – 7 km